Monday, May 24, 2010

'SNice

Sesame ‘Chicken’ Wrap, with peanut sauce and thai salad.

Curried Cauliflower Wrap, with chickpeas, brown rice, and mango chutney.

Notes
Introduction
The wraps are enormous and make a complete meal. I was very tempted by the amazing scent of the garlic roasted broccoli in the salad section but glad I skipped it because I wouldn't have had any room for it.
1. Sesame Chicken Wrap
Stuffed with ample amounts of seitan, vegetables, brown rice, and sauce. Extremely filling. However, the seitan was extraordinarily salty and overpowered the subtle sweetness of the peanut sauce.
2. Curried Cauliflower Wrap
The filling was a bit mushy and bland. The mango chutney enhanced the flavor but I expected something described as curried to pack a bit more heat, which would have contrasted nicley with the temperature and flavor of the chilled, sweet chutney. Also, the cauliflower was a little overcooked so there was not as much of a texture contrast with the softened chickpeas, and made for a less interesting chew.
3. Accompaniments
Both salads were nicely sized and had nice textural components in the shredded cabbage and carrots; however, they were under-dressed, as you can see in the images.
Conclusion
Possible Repeat. These two wraps had the most interesting descriptions relative to the other menu items and yet I walked away underwhelmed. However, I liked the atmosphere at our communal table, I desperately want to try the roasted broccoli, and I'll give the faux-meat sandwiches a nibble.

No comments:

Post a Comment